I'm in the Houston area and did the same research for a friend recently. Here is what I found (this is copied and pasted from emails).
MANY people recommended Midwife Chris Duffy. Here is just part of what she had to say: I do VBACs regularly. As long as your friend can verify that she as had a low transverse incision, she can VBAC at home. We will need to request records from her OB or hospital that performed each previous c-section. If it turns out she has a different type of incision, Dr. Bullock in Conroe
will allow a trial of labor with more complicated cases. Homebirth
Another response: We midwives believe every woman should be given a trial of labor under certain circumstances. We do VBAC's but only for home births and not at the center. I do not take women with 2 previous ones but perhaps Natalie or Cathy who do homebirth VBAC's would do this if they have the previous Surgical record Call the birth center next week and talk to Naomi about any concerns 832 437.5876
Pam Berrens and Karen Schneider are docs at UT downtown and they will do them
The following is a list of doctors who have been known to accept VBAC clients. There is a wide range of true VBAC-friendliness, though, so be sure to use the interview questions on the next pages to determine a care providers VBAC-friendliness. Also, just because the doctor is listed as one who attends VBACs does not mean that the partners in their practice do. Thoroughly research and interview each provider.
• Dr. Todd Ivey, Dr. Audra Timmins, and Dr. Ann Schutt-Aine – known to accept VBAC clients. Very hands off, open to intermittent monitoring, hep-locks, and mobility throughout
labor. Baylor Clinic: Home - Baylor Clinic : Houston, Texas
• Dr. Dryden – one of the most sought-after, NCB friendly and VBAC friendly doctors in Houston. Will not take new patients without a referral from current patients or a doctor’s referral. Known to dislike inductions. Medical > Houston, TX > The Women's Specialists of Houston > Home
• Dr. Ortique – works with Dr. Dryden, the only other one in their practice who does VBACs. This doctor has strict parameters with which to be met in order to be given a TOL.Medical > Houston, TX > The Women's Specialists of Houston > Home
• Dr. Hector Del Castillo – one of the most sought-after, NCB friendly and VBAC friendly doctors in Houston. Known to schedule ERC around 38 weeks but will simply reschedule each
week until going into labor. No report on how far past EDD he allows. Reportedly supportive of VBAC.
• Dr. Juan Franco – highly recommended by some of the women of ICAN as being very VBAC and NCB friendly. Not allowed to support VBA3C but will consider VBA2C and will take VBAC.
• Dr. Amy Plummer – known to accept VBAC patients. OB GYN gynecologist Kingwood Humble Houston obstetrician well woman
• Dr. Emily Bullock & Dr. Gerald Bullock – highly recommended by ICAN as being very VBAC and NCB friendly. They reportedly have been known, in certain circumstances, to accept VBAC and/or inverted-T VBAC. Father/daughter practice in Conroe: (936) 441-1170
• Dr. Sandra Hurtado – known to accept VBAC patients. Obstetrical & Gynecological Associates, Obgyn Doctors Houston Texas
• Dr. Joy LeBlanc, Dr. Toby Stevens, and Dr. Ana Morales – This group of Webster office obstetricians is known to be fully supportive of VBACs. Obstetrical & Gynecological Associates, Obgyn Doctors Houston Texas
• Dr. Ferdinand Plavidal – known to accept VBAC patients. Solo practice -http://drplavidal.womanshealthgroup.com/
• Dr. Christopher McGuirk – very highly recommended by VBAC moms who have chosen him.Northwest Women's Center
• Dr. Larry Milner – high marks from clients who have chosen him for VBAC as allowing women a large amount of control over their birth and postpartum care. Bayshore hospital
or Greater Houston Midwives' Alliance
An online community for the whole family!