I'm a young, energetic birth doula in the Bellingham area serving great Whatcom and Skagit Counties. Since I'm finishing the last few classes for my bachelor's degree in birth practices without other work or family obligations, I have ample time and energy to devote to your birth. I Offer:I want to help you envision and clarify the birth that's right for you, then support you through it and any surprises that crop up alongthe way. Prenatally this means a lot of exploration of the birth process - from finding statistics to trying out birth positions. During labor and birth I will try to act as the support you (and your partner) most want and need according to the prenatal plans we made. In the postpartum I'll come over to discuss and celebrate your birth, and provide referrals to any additional help you might need. I do all this through the standard doula care package of a free initial meeting, two prenatal appointments, on-call 24/7 for your due month, physical presence and support throughout your entire labor, delivery, and immediate postpartum, and one or two postpartum visits.
I also speak excellent Spanish and intermediate Russian. Training and Experience:
To Contact Me:
- DONA-International Birth Doula Training 2007
- Attendance at hospital births and out-of-hospital births in Northwest Washington
- Bachelor's Degree in "Birth Practices and Mothers' Rites of Passage," to be completed June 2011
- Ten month grant: "Power, Privilege and Childbirth: A Doula's Approach to Culture" in Tajikistan 2009-2010
- Observance of a birth in rural Tajikistan
I would be honored to be a positive part of your birth process not matter what the form. For a free and no-obligation meeting, please contact me through my website at http://www.childbirth-for-transformation.com/contact-me.html
. May your birth be wonderful.